- Prep time:
- 15 minutes
- Cook time:
- 50 minutes
Great way to use up over-ripe bannanas. The original recipe called for icing on top -- it doesn't need it.
- 140g butter, softened
- 140g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 140g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 ripe bannanas, mashed
- Heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan, has mark 4).
- Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add the beaten eggs with a little of the flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder, and mashed bannanas.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and baje for about 50 minutes, or until cooked through. Check the load at five minute intervals towards the end by inserting a skewer -- it should be able to be inserted and removed cleanly.
- Cool in the tin for ten minutes, then remove to a wire rack.