- Prep time:
- 15 minutes
- Cook time:
- 25 minutes
Looks a bit grey, but tastes great.
- 1 large cauliflour (1.5Kg), cut into florets
- ½tbsp ground cumin
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 750ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 100ml single cream
- Heat oven to 220°C (200°C fan, gas mark 7).
- Toss cauliflour florets in a roasting tin with 1tbsp olice oil, the cumin, and the thyme. Roast for 15mins or until golden and tender. Discard the thyme.
- Heat remaining oil in a saucepan with the onion and celery and fry over a medium heat for 10mins or until softened.
- Stir through most of the cauliflour, reserving some to top the soup with later.
- Add stock to pan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10mins.
- Blitz soup until smooth using a handheld blender. Stir through the cream and season to taste. Ladle into bowls topped with reserved cauliflour and an extra drizzle of olive oil.