Chorizo and Cabbage Stew
- Prep time:
- 10 minutes
- Cook time:
- 20 minutes
Very tasty stew. I added a few crushed cloves of garlic because that's never a bad idea.
- 100g piece of spicy chorizo sausage (not cooking chorizo), halved lengthways and shredded
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 100g baby Charlotte potatoes, thinly sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100g Savoy cabbage, shredded
- Put the chorizo, onion and potatoes in a large non-stick pan. Leave to fry in the oil that comes from the chorizo, stirring occasionally for about 5 mins.
- Tip in the tomatoes with 2 cans of water, add the stock cube, then bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the cabbage, then cover and cook 3-5 mins more until it is just tender. Ladle into bowls and serve.