Mediterranean Mushroom and Leek One-Pot
- Prep time:
- 5 minutes
- Cook time:
- 30 minutes
- 500g chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 1 onions, finely diced
- 2 leeks, washed and finely sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp allspice
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsey, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Serve with bread or cooked rice.
- Heat the oil in a deep drying pan and add the onion. Fry over a gentle heat, stirring until it begins to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and leeks and continue to cook for another two to three minutes, until the mushrooms are starting to brown.
- Add the garlic and stir through before adding the tinned tomatoes. Fill the tin with cold water and add that too.
- Finally, add the tomato puree, herbs, and allspice and stir thoroughly. Put a lid on the pan and allow to simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes until the tomatoes have cooked down to create a thick sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the fresh parsley. Serve warm with bread and feta or rice.