- Prep time:
- 5 minutes
- Cook time:
- 45 minutes
Can be served with rice, but buttered potatoes are better to soak up the rich sauce.
- 2 red, 1 each yellow and green peppers, deseeded
- 500g lean pork fillet
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 300g tomato sauce with herbs and garlic
- Preheat grill. Cut peppers into wide strips and grill in a single layer on a foil-lined rack for 20-25 minutes, until the edges of the strips are lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, cut the pork into chunks. Season and cook in a frying pan until beginning to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer mean to a heavy pan and add the paprika, tomato sauch, 300ml water, and a little seasoning. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Add the grilled peppers and cook for another 10-15 minutes, until the meat is tender. Taste for seasoning an serve immediately.