Roast Broccoli with Potatoes
- Prep time:
- 10 minutes
- Cook time:
- 25 minutes
Broccoli or cauliflower can be used for this simple side dish.
- 1 large broccoli/cauliflower crowns
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Rough-cut the onion into large pieces.
- Take potatoes (leave skin on), broccoli, and cauliflower, and cut them into bite size pieces.
- Finely chop 5 cloves of garlic and place in mixing bowl with previous ingredients.
- Add olive oil to the bowl with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dried herbs and cayenne pepper.
- Use two wooden spoons to gently mix all the ingredients together.
- Spread mixture evenly on a baking tray and place in oven for 25 minutes or until the broccoli starts to brown.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle on lemon juice and toss gently.
- Grate Parmesan directly onto the veggies and serve immediately.