Sea bass with Sizzled Ginger, Chilli, and Spring Onions
- 6 × sea bass fillets (~140g each, skin on and scaled)
- ~3tbsp sunflower oil
- large knob of ginger, peeled and shredded into matchsticks
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 fat, fresh, red chillis deseeded and thinly shredded
- bunch spring onions, shredded long-ways
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- Season sea bass fillets with salt and pepper, then slash the skin three times.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan and addd 1tbsp sunflower oil.
- Once hot, fry the sea bass fillets skin-sidedown for 5mins or until the skin is very crisp and golden.
The fish will be almost cooked through.
- Turn over, cook for another 30secs - 1min, then transfer to a serving plate and keep warm.
You'll need to fry the sea bass fillets in two batches.
- Heat 2tbsp sunflower oil, then fry ginger, garlic, and chillis for about 2min until golden.
- Take off the heat and toss in the bunch of spring onions.
Splash the fish with the soy sauce and spoon over the contents of the pan.